Maybe you’ve heard about chiropractic care through a friend or did some research online. Maybe you’re just tired of living in pain. If going to the chiropractor is a new experience for you, don’t worry! At Marty Chiropractic & Wellness in Lakeville, we’re here to help relieve your pain and get you back on your feet. Your first visit to our practice will be about getting to know your chiropractor, and a chance for us to get to know you and your goals! There are three main phases to chiropractic care:
- Stage 1: Pain relief
- Most people are familiar with this phase of chiropractic care!
- The initial phase of treatment is all about getting you out of pain as quickly as possible! Depending on the condition, how long you’ve had the condition, and the severity of pain, this can take anywhere from a couple of visits to several weeks.
- Some of our patients choose to use chiropractic care solely for pain relief. Others move on to the second and third phase of chiropractic care to help prevent the pain from returning and maintain their ideal level of overall health. Depending on time, money, and all of the other factors in your personal life, we want to work with you to decide the best option for your care!
- Stage 2: Stabilization/Rehabilitation
- Many of our patients with chronic stiffness or occasional dull, achy pain start in this phase of care. Their pain isn’t severe or limiting in their daily lives, but it’s an annoyance or aggravation.
- With this phase of care, we introduce exercises and lifestyle changes to help stabilize and rehabilitate the damaged structures and promote long-term healing.
- Stage 3: Wellness/Preventative Care
- People who are in great health use chiropractic care to stay in great health! These people do not experience headaches, back pain, stiffness or other problems, and they want to keep it that way!
- Studies have shown that continued chiropractic care is effective at reducing future episodes of back pain! Once you are out of pain, feeling well, and performing at your best, we want to help you continue to live a pain-free and fulfilled life!
Appointments at our office typically begin with a bit of paperwork, as you no doubt would expect. For your convenience, the intake paperwork can be filled out ahead of time, saving you time!
Your skilled chiropractor will take a detailed history and perform a physical examination to learn more about the cause of your pain. We’ll also discuss your current condition and your goals for care, whether that is pain relief, stabilization, or long term maintenance. We will work with you to achieve your goals and won’t pressure you or lecture you about your health.
We will take a look at the overall results, and, together, come up with a plan of action specifically for you. We will talk about the type of treatment you will be receiving, any preparation necessary before beginning treatment, and when you can expect to see results. We will also discuss any lifestyle changes that may help you with your goals. As your partner in improving your health, your chiropractor will be with you every step of the way during your treatment.