What Can I Expect?
At Marty Chiropractic & Wellness, we know that each patient and each condition is unique. Your treatment plan should be unique too! This is why we take an in-depth history, perform a complete evaluation, and assess the root of your specific problem. A typical new patient visit is approximately 40 minutes long, not including time for paperwork (fill it out in advance!). An example first visit includes:
- Reviewing your paperwork, discussing your condition and how your personal medical history may impact that condition.
- Perform a comprehensive physical evaluation including:
- Vital signs such as height, weight, blood pressure, and temperature
- Range of motion
- Orthopedic tests to identify the specific problem
- Musculoskeletal examination to identify the spinal or muscular components of your pain or condition
- Rule out any major conditions that would prevent treatment or warrant a referral to another practitioner
- Provide treatment depending on your condition
- Before treatment is given, we will explain your condition as we see it based on your presenting symmptoms, history, and physical exam. We will work with you to develop a treatment plan to reach short term goals of pain relief and long term goals of preventing re-occurence of the condition.
- Chiropractic adjustments for joint dysfunction or restriction
- Graston, ultrasound, electrical muscle stimulation or other therapies to address muscular conditions or relieve pain and stiffness
- Provide home exercises to help your condition long-term in order to keep you well
- Refer for x-rays, MRI, blood labs, or to a different practitioner if your condition warrants this action