Children in the modern area are under more stress than ever. There is the emotional stress of every day life, school, and social media along with the physical stress of sports participation and growing pains. Massage can help with sports injuries, growing pains & prevent injuries in young athletes. Youth massage can also help your child's anxiety, help children fall asleep more easily, sleep more soundly and have feelings of alertness all day long. Parents are expected to be present for their child's massage.
Common Conditions Youth Massage Can Help Include:
Benefits of Sports Massage for Children include:
- Faster Recovery Time by Removing Lactic Acid
- Increase Flexibility and Range Of Motion to Improve Form
- Can Help Boost Performance and Prevent Injury
Some studies have shown youth massage to be helpful in treating or providing relief from the symptoms associated with:
- Cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome
- Cancer (with medical permission)
- Body image
- ADD and ADHA
- Asthma/Respiratory problems
- Other developmental disabilities
- Speech/language development delays
*Children with special needs will need to have a consultation prior to their visit.